£40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8956
3 months ago
Commutable from Manchester, West Yorkshire, Leeds, Bradford, Halifax, York, Oldham, Rochdale, Barnsley
A leading Pharmaceutical manufacturing company is currently recruiting for a Production Manager to join the business on a permanent basis.
Duties will include;
- To lead, manage and develop staff using appraisal, communication and HR systems. Ensure GMP awareness and operating standards within the team as well as job skills and knowledge.
- Ensure Performance Development Plans are in place for all team members, including both job technical knowledge and pharmaceutical knowledge development.
- Issue resolution plans utilising Production, Quality and Maintenance resource allocated to the production area with no impact to the schedule.
- Track and monitor downtime in the area, implement strategies to reduce downtime
- Allocation of labour allocation (suitably qualified and experienced) and organisation (to ensure continuous line running where appropriate).
- Deliver a timely closure of BMRs as agreed with the department manager (including all MRP transactions).
- Investigate and lead process related deviations to ensure manufacturing, filling and packaging activities are compliant with cGMP.
- Drive timely completion of DRs, CAPAs, and CCs as agreed with the department manager.
- Drive effective corrective and preventative actions for GMP incidents, troubleshooting situations.
- Identify staff training and development needs to assure competency (suitably qualified and experienced personnel) and support the achievement of objectives.
- Ensure your area is audit ready at all times.
- Through a presence in the workplace, coach and mentor staff to ensure products are manufactured and documentation completed in accordance with GMP, Standard Operating Procedures and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Timely completion of relevant deviation and complaint investigations to identify true root cause. Along with timely closure of corrective/preventative actions for deviations, complaints and GMP audits that are assigned to them with a focus on improved processes, documentation, documentation completion and training.
- To ensure work centre and designated areas housekeeping standards are maintained to ensure compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and Health Safety & Environment regulatory requirements by utilizing 5S and lean initiatives
- Completion of Level 1 & 2 audits.
- Maintain a high level of tidiness and cleanliness at all times – personal, personnel, work area and department.
- Ensure aseptic licences, as required, are kept up to date for all personnel involved in sterile manufacturing.
- Experience of Manufacturing facility activities desirable.
- Experience of medium to large scale pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of the principles and guidelines for GMP as set out in the ‘Orange Guide.
- Leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment (Manufacturing, Packaging/ Quality, Engineering or equivalent).
- Experienced in managing and leading change, continuous improvements.
- Demonstrable ability to make sound risk based decisions in line with internal and external quality standards.
- Experience in lean manufacturing techniques.
To apply please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.