Competitive Salary plus discretionary bonus scheme
+44 (0)151 666 8922
13 days ago
The client is a leading M&E Design Consultancy providing Building Services Consultancy support to the Construction industry, Architects, and Designers across Residential, Commercial, Education and Health care related projects. The client offers a single point of contact for all Mechanical and Electrical solutions with a focus on quality, sustainability and the innovative use of renewables.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will manage the engineering projects and the operational activity of the Electrical team on a day-to-day basis, to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. They will play a key role in supporting the training and development of the less experienced team members.
You will be responsible for the detailed design and coordination of electrical solutions including Low Voltage Distribution, Small Power, Communications, Lighting, Fire Alarm Systems, Intruder Alarms, Access Control and Lighting Protection.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Manage the whole design process, prepare stage reports /outline design, maintain comprehensive design files, produce written specifications & scheme design drawings for CAD.
- Develop the design through all stages of the project – from planning to completion.
- Produce design sketches.
- Coordinate architecturally, structurally and mechanically.
- Produce specifications, schematics, calculations and drawings.
- Liaise with suppliers, manufactures and specialists to provide expert knowledge and costs.
- Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to client’s requirements, fees and timescales.
- Maintain existing client relationships and secure repeat business.
- Produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems/plant.
- Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports.
- Attend design team meetings.
- Arrange project review meetings, advise Directors on progress and assign jobs/tasks to your team members.
- Brief the team in regards to projects including the client, scopes of works, costs, and timescales.
- Manage and take responsibility for the more Junior/Intermediate team members.
- Monitor design progress in accordance with the programme/deadline.
- Check QA on all design/project work to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Encourage engineers to continuously develop their knowledge, arrange and attend CPD sessions.
- Share your knowledge and technical ability and advise accordingly to help progress the less experienced team members.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will have:
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. ONC/HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
- Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, has a confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
- Well organised individual who has past experience of leading a team.
- Confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
- Have knowledge of and be up to date with the latest regulations, i.e. British Standards.
- Understand RIBA stages.
- Understand efficiency/sustainability.
- Have knowledge and an understanding of BREEAM.
- IT literate – ability to use technical packages i.e. CAD, Dialux/Relux, Amtech and 3D Naviswork.
On offer is an excellent package including competitive salary, discretionary bonus scheme, flexi time, enhanced holiday package, health care policy, and contribution to further qualifications such as Chartership.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.