Based on Experience
+44 (0)151 666 8952
3 months ago
Saffron Walden (Cambridgeshire/Essex)
Based on Experience, 38days holiday, Private Health, Excellent Pension, plus other benefits
An exciting opportunity to join on of the leading Oil Product transportation and storage businesses within the UK. They are a business currently carrying out a major modernisation programme in its infrastructures with the aim of improving safety and efficiency and reducing costs. Their network provides some of the UK’s busiest airports and MOD bases with their fuel and have over 50% of the British pipeline network and 16 storage facilities. They are looking for a Maintenance Specialist to join their team overseeing a team of engineers ensuring planned & corrective maintenance tasks are suitably planned and delivered.
This role requires someone with experience working on top tier COMAH sites and the ability to ensure direct reports ensure maintenance is planned and executed in line with internal and external stakeholder: policies, procedures and guidance.
- Liaise with company & external specialists about failure modes & appropriate corrective actions
- Assist with the production and review of maintenance processes, documentation and procedures in line with relevant standards & good practice
- Ensure third party contract maintenance is appropriately controlled
- Assist stakeholders with Technical & Operational advice and support, assist with project completion where required
- Ensure out of hours corrective maintenance & unplanned outages are actioned & plant availability is maximised.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of remote enclosures & pumping stations
- Ensure appropriate training and competence requirements are identified and actioned. Competency assessment of team members.
- May be required to carry out the Operational Duty Manager role
- Responsible and accountable for regional budget compilation.
- Assist with budget forecasting
- Responsible and accountable for the maintenance area budget control: forecasting, quarterly reviews, year-end, subcontracting, overtime, plant costs & expenses
- Responsible for suggesting cost efficiencies with regard to the provision of goods & services
- Work to standards, procedures and work instructions for Safety Critical Tasks in order to meet COMAH requirements.
- Be responsible, regardless of position, for the health, safety and security of yourself, colleagues and customers in accordance with business and HSEQ principles.
- Responsible for controlling workplace hazards and managing the health and safety of others
- Be individually responsible for bringing to the notice of Line Management any potential hazard to health, safety or the environment of which you know or learn, in order that the hazard can be eliminated or significantly reduced; and for reporting any incidents relating to work activities.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.