0151 666 8981
5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced EC&I Engineer to become part of a team responsible for a multi-million pound redevelopment project to replace fuel storage tanks, and upgrades to other infrastructure on site.
The fuel tanks in question are over 100 years old, and this project will ensure that the depot will be fully equipped to meet the requirements of the Royal Navy’s new Queen Elizabeth Class carriers.
The EC&I Engineer will act as a Technical Lead for the Capital Projects team in respect to all EC&I Engineering activities associated with the Capital projects ongoing across the Oil Fuel Depot’s in Gosport. The EC&I Engineer will be responsible to ensure that all aspects of work are executed on time and to budget/estimates, whilst adhering to full compliance with company standards and UK / European legislation.
Job Dimensions:With responsibility for a number of EC&I Engineering tasks within the Capital Projects Team and/or engineering works associated with the Capital Projects at any one time, the job entails overseeing professional contract engineers or consultant companies, who conduct engineering activities on various Capital Projects. The successful candidate will need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular HSEQ, other Engineering colleagues as well as with external stakeholders including our O&M Contractor, HSE, EA and our MOD Sponsors.
- Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the organisation in everyday activities.
- Promote process safety leadership
- Be a key contributor to the Capital Projects Team to support the team to meet the project and team objectives.
- Ensure EC&I Engineering activities within Capital Projects are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Manage own time and resources to ensure well controlled, compliant with the Working Time Regulations and meet responsibilities for health and safety.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
- Work with the project management systems, procedures and workflows.
- Act as technical lead providing guidance within the team on EC&I matters for Capital Projects. Referring to the EC&I Technical Authority when needed.
- Plan and manage the programme of works for E,C&I tasks associated with Capital Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation.
- Develop E,C&I scopes of work.
- Develop budgets and forecasts for work.
- Liaise with other members of the Asset Technical Team on standards & codes.
- Identify and select suppliers in line with relevant legislation and Agency procedures.
- Produce detailed programme of works/Gantt charts etc.
- Working knowledge of COMAH, MOC, and CDM regulations.
- Previous experience of working within MAH environments.
- Previous experience of managing multiple site works.
- Manage documentation/data/records within document management systems.
- Apply the MOC process for the life cycle of the project.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks on other projects as approved by the Line Manager.
- Ensure activities are in accordance with the companies accounting procedures.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of assets, equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Provide a budget proposal for Project spends and work collaboratively with Finance to provide management information for monthly reporting.
- This includes the proper authorisation and timely submission of expenses.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.