Based on Experience
+44 (0)151 666 8952
8 months ago
Based on Experience, plus, car allowance, holiday, pension.
A fantastic opportunity to join an award winning design and engineering consultancies, renowned for their delivery of technically challenging and complex water infrastructure projects. Due to business growth the opportunity has developed to add to their project management team delivering water industry projects.
The Project Manager will work collaboratively to support the delivery of a large capital programme across a range of water and waste-water assets. The role will play a key role in the successful delivery asset solutions for a portfolio of projects within the programme of works. The overall responsibility of the role will involve ensuring successful project delivery to time, cost and quality and have a clear focus on performance associated with Health and Safety and the Environment.
• Key accountability for management and delivery of the projects
• Undertaking project planning and being responsible for ensuring they are delivered to time, cost, quality, governance controls, health and safety and environmental legislation.
• Ensure project risks are managed in line with targets and that any opportunities are realised to improve project performance.
• Liaise with stakeholders to create excellent working relationships with partners and supply chain.
• Manage contractual and commercial challenges whilst accurately forecasting and reporting on the project performance.
• Ensure change management is implemented in accordance with governance procedures.
Mentoring, motivation and development of team colleagues to develop their skills through job based learning treat each assignment as a learning opportunity for staff.
• Demonstrate professionalism and excellent performance and will be an accomplished communicator, negotiator and presenter.
• Experience of leadership and managing multi-disciplinary teams through the project life-cycle, and experience of managing multiple projects concurrently.
• Strong commercial understanding of contracts, as well as programme monitoring and expenditure forecasting skills to ensure robust financial and commercial management.
• Full understanding of schedule management, network diagrams, work breakdown structures and product breakdown structures.
• Experience in negotiations and conflict management in a project environment.
• Experience of working with others to drive innovation to deliver project efficiencies and cost savings.
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a relevant degree and gained Chartership with your relevant professional body.
• Project Management qualification APM or Prince2 Desirable
• A proven track record of delivering agreed work plans to the timescale and standards required.
• A customer focused approach demonstrating an understanding of, and appropriate response to, the expectations of internal and external customers the role holder must work with.
• Flexible approach to travel.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.