£40,000-£50,000 + benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8950
6 months ago
The role requires a creative, innovative individual with a passion for food to drive, challenge and improve processes and support the future NPD vision.
You will be a strong mentor and role model for the team in order to develop and build up the team. The successful Senior Development Chef will also have experience in working with complex chilled food products.
The successful Senior Development Chef will be an effective communicator, have a proven track record of blue sky innovation with strong presentation skills and be able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders with confidence.
Senior Development Chef responsibilities:
• Responsible for product innovation and development in line with customer specifications whilst having a blue sky approach to development opportunities.
• Develop products from concept to approval in line with customer briefs.
• Complete Chef recipe sheets for new products.
• Organise and conduct concept panels for all new products before presenting to the customer.
• Preparing samples for customer of the highest standard.
• Improve existing ranges.
• Work with other departments to ensure that products are feasible and able to launch in line with critical paths
• Work closely with Development Technologists to ensure compliance to customer specifications and food legislation.
• Ensure recipes meet nutritional criteria and where possible look to reduce fat and sodium.
• Develop and manage the team to build their skills.
• Present ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to achieve creative development throughout the site.
• Demonstrate overall awareness of retailers comparative products from all major retailers
• Be capable of self-management to enable the delivery of projects to agreed timescales and budget.
• Constantly keep the site aware of global trends
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.