£38000 per annum, Benefits: Included
+44 (0)151 666 8966
8 months ago
Circa £38,000 + benefits
4 on 4 off (days and nights)
East Midlands, Corby, Northampton, Kettering, Coventry, Bedford, Rugby
A Major and growing FMCG manufacturer are now looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join the Engineering Team at their East Midlands site. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation and work in a fast paced, stimulating environment.
Maintenance Engineer Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Comply with SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements.
- Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used.
- Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these.
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff.
- Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment.
- To apply systematic diagnostics in electrical/mechanical engineering in order to minimise the impact of plant failures/breakdowns.
- Manage contractors / issue work permits and audit their work in the absence of the Engineering Management team.
- Respond / assist / investigate cause of a factory Fire Alarm / Evacuation as requested by the incident controller / engineering / production management team.
The ideal Maintenance Engineer will ideally hold formal engineering qualifications i.e HNC (or equivalent) and have at least 3 years experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.