+44 (0)151 666 8922
6 months ago
Quality Inspector - Malton
Required to verify that the engineering output generated meets the requirements of both internal and external specifications and standards. This includes checking procured items internally and externally manufactured against engineering drawingsspecifications, and checking the supporting documentation is correct at all times.
The activities of an Inspection Engineer may span:
- Quality Inspection of internally manufactured items
- Quality Inspection of externally manufactured items
- Quality Inspection of externally delivered project related services
- Checking of manufactured itemssub-assemblies and special processes carried out during the manufacturing stages of production against engineering drawings
- Completion of inspection records
- Liaison with colleagues to resolve issues regarding components which do not conform to specification
- Maintaining component traceability during the manufacture and inspection process
- Accountability for managing calibration of any inspection equipment used
- All activities are to be carried out in line with project schedule requirements.
- Knowledge of ISO quality standards and experience of working with customer specifications in highly regulated industries
- As required, knowledge and competency of mechanical, electrical or welding technology
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Understanding of engineering tolerances including geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Use of manual inspection equipment – e.g. micrometres, Vernier callipers, thread gauges and relevant tools for the relevant specialist area
- As appropriate, use of co-ordinate measuring machine (CMM) and other automated or semi-automated inspection tools.
- Familiar with machining and general manufacturing processes
- Good IT skills – MS office
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required
- Ideally working knowledge of metrology and process with experience of using measurement equipment commensurate to the area of specialism.
- Completed apprenticeship in an engineering related subject or relevant HNCHNDDegree course in relevant engineering area
- Relevant special process qualification if required e.g. welding, NDT.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.