+44 (0)151 666 8922
5 months ago
The client is a leading Design and Engineering Consultancy, specialising in complex innovative design solutions for some of the largest UK brands in the Power industry, further developing their Transmission and Distribution reputation. Projects are wide ranging from wind farms to renewables, within many disciplines such as Nuclear power, offshore and onshore wind generation and solar power.
Main objectives will include being responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of the teams output in the production and control of drawings and technical documents. You will also work with the Sector Director of Power to assist during the bid process in order to secure further work.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Production of all designs, calculations, reports and drawings associated with the new or modification of power distribution projects (11kV and below) covering:
- Power system studies, designs, reports in accordance with relevant codes of practice, standards, regulatory authorities and clients’ requirements.
- Secondary substation design.
- Protection & Control design.
- Cable system design.
- Design calculations including Power system studies, protection studies, cable rating calculations, cable pulling tension calculations and earthing design.
- Production of Block diagrams, electrical network schematics, single line diagrams, cable route drawings, and trench cross section layouts.
- Production of material specification lists.
- Manage the production of project delieverables through a robust checking process
- Participating in technical meetings with clients and contractor while presenting design solutions
- Support the actual delivery of all project delieverables.
- Mentor and train the CAD technicians.
- Guide junior and other engineers.
The HV Electrical Engineer will have:
- BEng/Bsc in Electrical/Power Engineering
- Working towards Chartership status is an advantage, however not essential
- Experience of:
- Delivering design work to programme, budget and specification.
- Providing programme updates to the Lead Engineers for the duration of the project life.
- Design input/output within the designated risk management process.
- Provide a technical interface with 3rd parties
- Guiding CAD technicians working in packages such, Microstation, Revit, AutoCAD, etc.
- Distribution and/or transmission power system planning and design for new connections at HV demand.
- High level technical studies and power system planning for new distributed generation connections at Low and high voltage levels
- Understanding of Low Voltage, 6.6kV and 11kV systems and substations; including switchgear, transformers, overhead line circuits, underground cable circuits and protection
- Knowledge of 6.6kV/11kV electrical network components, network operation, operational policies, design standards and specifications
- Experience in carrying out power system analysis while using software packages such as Amtech, IPSA, DINIS, DigSilent, ETAP,…etc
- Preparation, and checking of feasibility studies, outline and detailed design technical reports and other written documents.
On offer is an excellent package including competitive salary, car allowance, enhanced holiday and pension scheme, health care and profit share bonus structure.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.