£25000 - £32000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8976
10 months ago
Our client is developing a Design Office in Birmingham to serve their other Highways England contracts as well as other local authorities and external clients.
To assist with the preparation of technical solutions to engineering problems as a member of a design team and as directed.
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
- Prepare drawings using AutoCAD and other software.
- Assist in the preparation of technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety responsibilities and of other company procedures.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member, working closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
- Be flexible and proactive and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
- Take ownership of own career development and appraisal procedures and undertake additional learning.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
- Award of or training towards HNC Civil Engineering (or other relevant discipline) or equivalent or relevant demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Proficient in the production of engineering drawings.
- Experience in the production of drawings for highway maintenance, highway improvement and highway structures schemes (desirable)
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD.
- Competent in the use of Autotrack (desirable).
- Experience of relevant design software and standards.
- Knowledge of and experience in design of highway improvement or maintenance schemes to UK standards (desirable)
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- IT Literate.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.