Competitive Based on Experience
+44 (0)151 666 8952
8 months ago
South East Cornwall
Salary based on Experience – 30 days holiday + bank hols, excellent pension, life assurance, income protection, Mon – Fri 9-5pm
A fantastic opportunity due to the start of major Capital Project, my client is looking to grow their projects team to build a new fuel jetty at their large bulk fuel storage facility in South East Cornwall. My client manages a major fuel pipeline and storage facility network across the UK. Please note all candidates must be eligible for SC clearance and have exposure working on a COMAH site.
This role sits between site operations and project delivery and the project is of strategic importance to the Royal Navy. Currently it’s at mobilisation stage, has been contracted out to the EPC Principle Contractor and is a multi million pound project. In addition to this project our client is also planning the rebuild of the oil infrastructure at the site i.e. the replacement of all tanks, bunding, pumps, pipelines and instrumented systems.
Self Management Responsibility
- Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the Agency in everyday activities.
- Promote process safety leadership as the core of our client’s culture.
- Support the team to ensure that people achieve their potential in delivering business performance and project delivery.
- Ensure activities completed are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Manage resources to meet responsibilities for health and safety.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- To be the main interface with Depot management, personnel and the Principal Contractor
- Ensure the Principal Contractor provides the information to allow our client to complete the Pre-Construction and Operational Safety Reports, Standard Operating Procedures and Maintenance Procedures for new or upgraded equipment.
- To take the lead on commissioning and start-up processes.
- Lead the work control strategy for works adjacent to, or within, Operational areas.
- Attend Hazard Studies and manage client actions.
- Ensure that all aspects of work are completed in full compliance with company standards and UK & European legislation and best practice.
- Liaise with contractor to minimise impact on local community stakeholders.
- Providing leadership and guidance within the team on commissioning process for Capital Projects.
- Monitor works and perform field inspection works to determine compliance to agreed construction standards, risk assessments and commissioning process.
- Ensure activities are in accordance with the Agency’s accounting procedures.
- This includes the proper authorisation and timely submission of expenses.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of assets, equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Provide budget proposals for Project spends and work collaboratively with Finance to provide management information for monthly reporting.
- Salary Competitive based on Experience
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Defined contributory pension scheme – auto-enrolled and our client will double the contribution up to 12% i.e. candidate 5%, our client 10%.
- X4 times annual salary in life insurance
- No health-care
- Group income protect scheme post 1 year
- 36.5 hours pw (9 – 5 with 45 mins for lunch)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.