£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: £3,000 per annum car allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8960
7 months ago
This organisation are a specialist design and build, engineering and construction company focused on high technology and complex industrial markets including pharmaceutical, healthcare, cosmetics, nuclear, aerospace and semiconductor. They also regularly work within retail, heritage and education environments.
The role will predominately be based in Cramlington, although travel will be required to project sites in London. There is an attractive salary and car allowance available for the successful candidate.
In order to be considered for this role, it is imperative that you have the following:
- You will be from a Building Services/M&E background, specifically from a Clean Room/Pharmaceutical/Process environment or similar
- You must be willing to learn/train as a project QS
- You will have a minimum of 3 years project experience
- A degree in the relevant subject or similar is desirable
- You must be flexible and be able to travel to project sites
- Onsite training will be undertaken within all aspects of the Duties and Responsibilities defined above, including and understanding of NEC3 contracts, CEMAR contract administration, cash flow, subcontract valuations and payments and main contract applications.
- To progress and develop to a recognised formal qualification in Quantity Surveying, namely Quantity Surveying Institute or Project Management, namely Association of Project Management
Duties and Responsibilities
The role is focused at achieving results in a consistent manner to a defined quality. Typically, the Assistant Quantity Surveyor, under the direction of the Commercial Manager and any relevant designated quantity surveyors, or other designated supervisor, will be expected to assist with the following duties:
- Estimating and cost planning
- Commercial and contractual aspects of Procurement
- Tender, contract and subcontract document preparation
- Project commercial reporting
- Contract administration and cost control
- Interim valuations
- Cost reporting
- Final account preparation
- Contractual support
- Carrying out ad hoc duties as required
- Change management administration, control and reporting
- To attend meetings, take and publish minutes
- To undertake tasks on site as required to support the commercial role
- Building relationships with all members of the staff on the project and supporting the project
- Ensuring that health, safety and environment are a priority on all site
- Communicating with staff throughout the business in relation to the project.
- Visiting site at least monthly to undertake a detailed valuation
- Visiting site to price contract variations, extensions of time or any claims
- Providing prompt pricing of any variations or extensions of time generated during the works
- Review the works on site at least monthly against original scope of works priced, to assess if there have been any changes in the scope and hence a variation and/or an extension of time should be claimed
- Visit site at least monthly to value subcontract works and identify any areas where subcontract works are over valued
- Monitor in conjunction with finance client payments to ensure payments are on time in accordance with the contract – raise any delayed payments with the Commercial Team
- Maintain accurate and well-kept site records of all correspondence
- Contribute to any claims processes including production of reports for an adjudication or court case
- Participate in lessons learnt exercises at the end of each project to provide positive feedback as an organisation to improve processes and procedures
- Maintain own continuous professional development – keeping up to speed with new and likely changes which could affect quantity surveying of future project
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.