££competitive + car
+44 (0)151 666 8953
10 months ago
FMCG Food Manufacturing
£££comp (plus car and benefits)
A blue chip food manufacturer with multiple UK sites is currently seeking a Packaging Development Manager to join their team on a permanent basis; this role will report in to the Buying Controller and hold responsibility for packaging development for multiple sites within the division.
The Packaging Development Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing and driving the implementation of packaging solutions that add value in line with the business plan and group packaging strategy. This role will liaise closely with the factory teams as well as HQ and senior management functions of the business.
The successful Packaging Development Manager will ideally have food manufacturing experience within a complex packaging environment. We are ideally seeking someone with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role as Packaging Development Manager / Packaging Engineer or Packaging Technologist.
Key responsibilities for the Packaging Development Manager include:
• Control and monitor value added packaging development
• Deliver presentations both internally and to retailers on packaging initiative and developments
• Plan, coordinate and implement production trials within both the development and cost saving processes
• To agree and maintain specifications for all packaging components.
• To ensure competitive advantage with the implementation of a continuous improvement program for existing packaging materials
• Communicate a budget spend with the relevant budget holder and generate concept development visuals with external suppliers to illustrate packaging concepts
• Work with potential suppliers to develop tool drawings, models, pilot samples and sign off commissioned tooling for any new components
• Manage a 12 month strategic packaging plan
• Manage and prioritise a packaging development schedule
• Provide technical support/troubleshooting skills to the operations team as required.
• Prepare or contribute to packaging related justifications for capital expenditure.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of all aspects of packaging technology, identifying those trends and developments which can enhance product performance and efficiency.
• Continually review and improve the environmental and ethical impact of packaging and its development.
• Ensure all packaging components are safe and meet all appropriate legislation.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.