£ Competitive + company bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8943
10 months ago
Widnes, Warrington, Ellesmere Port, Birkenhead, St Helens, Chester, Northwich, Manchester, Liverpool, Merseyside, Cheshire, Wirral
A leading food manufacturer is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to assume full responsibility for the engineering department across site production and site facilities. Reporting to the Plant Manager, The Engineering Manager will be responsible for coaching and mentoring the Engineering team into a cohesive and proactive unit, and ideally be an individual who can drive change with strong managerial and communication skills.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Be proactive in the development of process, people and equipment and to work cross functionally with all departments for the common good.
- Participate, and at times lead projects, in the design of new processes and to manage the implementation of selected capital projects on time and to budget.
- Complete all engineering tasks and to ensure that all Engineers are trained to those tasks and to give practical assistance as and when necessary
- To display strong leadership to ensure that staff are highly motivated and enjoy a co-operative and supportive team environment
- Review current engineering maintenance strategy and using TPM principles design and deliver an engineering strategy for the future, based around a practical knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Assist the Plant Manager during the capital project justification stage. To ensure that their design is optimal from an engineering maintenance perspective.
- Drive the engineering safety culture across the site and will ensure that systems and resources are in place so that the site complies with all UK/EU safety & environmental legislation.
- Reactively support site operational teams to route cause technical issues and implement corrective and preventative measures.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.