£37000 - £49000 per annum, Benefits: 15% bonus, 36 days holiday, free fruit
+44 (0)151 666 8968
4 months ago
Based in Liverpool
£37 – 49,000 plus 15% bonus (offered salary will depend on experience)
Benefits include a 10% Pension, 36 days holiday, 1 extra paid day off to do charity work and that unforgettable free fruit
A multinational Pharmaceutical company is looking to appoint a manager to their Process Sciences department. This department is responsible for the design and optimisation of manufacturing processes using mammalian, microbial or viral technologies, with the ultimate aim to transfer for clinical and/or commercial manufacture. This is an exciting time for the company as it goes through a period of growth driven by the buy out of a number of companies and the development of a new range of products currently undergoing clinical trials.
- The Process Sciences group develops new drug substances for a range of therapeutic areas within the global Brands R&D group.
- The role holder leads a team of senior scientists, scientists and scientific associates who perform a wide range of activities associated with the design, development, scale-up, technical transfer, process characterisation, validation and cGMP manufacture of bulk drug substances expressed from mammalian, viral or microbial expression systems.
- The role holder also has responsibility for the process characterisation and process validation activities associated with the manufacturing process for late stage projects and in support of the regulatory submission.
- The role holder is responsible for building and maintaining a motivated and skilled team and ensures technical expertise within their team through on-going professional development of their team members.
- The role holder may have responsibilities as the Process Sciences responsible lead on the Global CMC team and/or as the Global CMC Team Leader.
- Recruitment, retention and reward of scientific staff within the team
- Building an effective team through continued development to ensure they are equipped with scientific and technical competences and demonstrate excellence in the development of products
- Working closely with other Senior Managers and Associate Directors in the Process Science team to develop the new technology platform to ensure competitive advantage in the development of biologics for a range of therapeutic areas
- Designing and executing process characterisation and process validation activities associated with the manufacturing process for late stage projects and in support of the regulatory submission
- Building project plans and communicating status updates at project meetings
- Identifying, justifying and gaining support for any CAPEX equipment
- Undertaking due diligence as requested in support of business development
- Identify, justify and select suitable candidates to deliver work programmes
- Signing authority up to £5,000 for project related purchases
- Deputising for the Associate Directors, Process Science when required.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant science or engineering discipline. A PhD in a relevant subject is preferable. Significant experience in leading the design, optimisation and operation of processes for biologic manufacture within the biotechnology industry.
- Experience and extensive technical knowledge in the production and scale-up of therapeutics from mammalian, microbial or gene therapy expression systems and knowledge of cGMP is preferable.
- Clear understanding of the science and a passion for keeping abreast and implementing technological advancements.
- Experienced people manager, with track record in effectively resourcing, scheduling and delivering development programmes. Demonstrated competency in building effective teams, motivating staff, setting goals, measuring performance and staff development.
- Leadership qualities
- Strong organisational skills with a track record of on-time delivery of experimental programmes
- Strong decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence outcomes
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong managerial skills with emphasis on coaching and development
- Focus on continuous improvement - ability to evaluate systems to improve system functionality and efficiency.
- Flexible attitude to work - ability to adapt to changing demands and lead people through these changing demands
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.