£32000 - £38000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8976
2 months ago
Our client are an established and award-winning engineering practice.
They are currently looking for a Drainage Engineer to work out of their offices in the Northampton area on a permanent basis.
You would be responsible, under the leadership of the Associate Director for the project management of complex projects for clients in the Industrial, Educational, Leisure, Healthcare, Residential and Public sectors. This will include client liaison, design, interface with project teams, contract implementation and providing support to their other offices. It will also require managing team resources allocated by the Associate Director.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters degree in Civil Engineering and be a member of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
The candidate for this position will have experience in the design of roads & drainage schemes, and a very good level of computer literacy in Windows, AutoCAD, Microdrainage and infrastructure design software (ideally PDS and / or AutoCAD CIVIL 3D) and Microsoft Office software is required.
You should have a minimum of 3-4 years civil Engineering experience in a design-related environment. This experience should be post qualification construction or related industry experience.
The ability to operate as part of a project team within appropriate authority levels and to represent the company with confidence to a variety of clients and outside organisations is expected. The candidate will have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Representing the company at client facing meetings
• Ability to complete, or knowledge of, Flood Risk Assessments
• Knowledge of and ability to independently design Infrastructure, roads, drainage etc. including S38 and S278 Highway schemes and S104 drainage schemes.
• Knowledge of and ability to use Autocad, Microdrainage and infrastructure design software (ideally PDS and / or AutoCAD CIVIL 3D)
• Preparing technical specifications
• Management of own workload and those of others assigned to the project team
• Maintaining records and archives within document and project management systems
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.