+44 (0)151 666 8929
about 1 year ago
Our focus on building long-term client relationships has helped us become one of the largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services, including all aspects of architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. Our 54,000 employees in 230+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
- Assists in the setting up and administration of the site organisation for an assigned construction area, section, plant complete project or specific project.
- Studies and becomes familiar with the relevant contract drawings, scope of work, specifications and man-hour estimates, materials and equipment schedules.
- Assesses contractual requirements in conjunction with the sub-contract administrator and ensures that the Subcontractors staff concerned are aware of their responsibilities for workmanship and the standards of quality expected.
- Co-ordinates and controls the activities of sub-contractors supervisory staff, ensures effective communication such that they are all always fully informed on their duties thereby enabling effective control of subcontractors.
- Co-ordinates and controls the activities of the fieldwork team including:
- Work packaging
- Method statements and risk assessments
- Work face planning (in conjunction with the Planner)
- Progress measurement and forecasting
- Evaluation/recommendation of corrective measures (in conjunction with the CM)
- Have a working knowledge of all Safety Legislation in force and associated responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Companies/Client Induction
- Permits to work
- CDM Regulations
- Assessing and approving Method Statements
- COSHH requirements
- Implements the Construction Safety Plan
- Complies with the construction methods, procedures and practices particularly those relating to quality assurance, safety and statutory requirements.
- Ensures that the assigned work is constructed to approved for construction drawings, specification and applicable standards, whilst adhering to good construction practices.
- Checks that the Subcontractors Daily Returns and their assessments of progress are completed promptly and reliably.
- Complies fully and in all aspects with the applicable Quality Control procedures and maintains, whenever so empowered, special regard to the imposed responsibilities as an authorised signatory of QC/Validation documentation.
- Ensures that full and proper records are kept in respect of testing and inspection activities.
- Answers technical queries from subcontractors so that work can continue unhindered, where necessary calling on advice or guidance from senior site staff or ensuring information is requested from the HO engineering department.
- Ensures the use of correct materials and consumables.
- Understand the significance of allowing subcontractors to undertake additional work without first reviewing the contractual and cost implications, ensures adherence to the procedures for technical queries, non-conformity notices and authorisation for extra work.
- Maintains commercial awareness at all times.
- Maintains an awareness of the general welfare of staff and labour whilst on site. Ensures effective communication such that they are always aware and fully informed of their duties, changes in policy or site rules and that they are aware of and understand all rules and procedures affecting their employment and their own work.
- Assists the CM in ensuring that sub-contractors comply with their relevant collective agreement.
- Maintains good working relations with all parties, including the client, and upholds discipline with the site supervision at all times.
- Liaises closely with the Planning Engineer in determining acceptability of target dates, the manpower and staff needs, co-ordination of the work programme in relation to individual trades, and requirements for materials.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.