+44 (0)151 666 8968
4 months ago
Manchester, Stockport, Oldham, Rochdale, Hyde, Salford, Lancashire.
A leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturing company is currently recruiting for a QC Microbiology Technician to provide Environmental Monitoring and Water Testing program support within production and QC. The ideal candidate will possess at least 1 year of Environmental Monitoring experience within Healthcare, Medical Device or a Pharmaceutical industry setting. The key requisite is an understanding of microbial growth within a laboratory and manufacturing environment and how this impacts on sterility.
The role will be responsible for supporting the Environmental Monitoring and Water testing program within Manufacturing and Quality Control.
QC Microbiology Technician Duties:
- Perform weekly and monthly environmental monitoring in the factory.
- Sample and perform microbiological and chemical analysis on factory and laboratory purified water systems.
- Perform gram staining to identify microbial species.
- Monitor and record information in an accurate and timely manner, using appropriate systems (electronic or paper-based).
- Accurately reports and trends results of microbiology testing
- Report any breach of action or alert limit.
- Respond to adverse analytical and or/microbiological trends in process and production areas, supporting the areas to improve.
- Monitor and maintain of consumable stock levels for the microbiological.
- Perform laboratory maintenance and routine equipment monitoring and cleaning and keep records according to internal and external guidelines and standards
- Arrange for external contractors to come on site to perform annual services and calibrations
- General administrative duties as required.
- The jobholder should be qualified to degree level or equivalent although extensive experience would negate the degree level qualification requirement, have experience in performing microbial quality testing and environmental monitoring/water sampling to agreed testing schedules
- The role holder’s main activities are to support the Environmental Monitoring and Water testing program within Manufacturing and QC
- Must have excellent organizational, written communications and oral communication skills.
- Must follow good documentation practices in all aspects and phases of the work; provide reports for review in a timely manner and participate in (failure investigations and recommend possible corrective actions.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.