Newcastle upon Tyne
Competitive based on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8922
11 months ago
Competitive based on experience, 25days holiday + 8days bank holiday, Pool car access, pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work
A fantastic opportunity to work for a specialist design and build, engineering and construction company working within, high technology and complex industrial markets including pharmaceutical, health care, cosmetics, nuclear, aerospace and semiconductor. Our client is a multimillion pound turnover business, with a growing client portfolio and multiple UK offices. Due to expansion, they are looking to recruit a mechanically biased Estimator to work underneath the Senior Estimating Manager within their team dealing with exciting projects UK wide.
Within the position you’ll be tasked with compile all of the mechanical content for tender and bid submissions. Naturally this will require you to produce accurate estimates and to negotiate successful tenders through to hand-over with the delivery teams. You’ll cover project cost and relay back to the client working closely with the Mechanical Director and Electrical Estimating team where appropriate within the business.
The role will also involve you engaging with subcontractors and specialist supply chain, to obtain proposals and determine cost certainty and compliancy, coupled with establishing a good understanding of the tender project and identify risks or areas open to value engineered solutions.
When completing estimations you will be expected to conduct the following:
- Producing cost comparisons for plant and equipment so that well informed tender adjudications can be carried out
- Understanding the specification and both schematic and detailed drawings
- Analysis of package interfaces and coordination
- Valuation of sub-contract applications and accounts
- Issue and management of all related site and client instructions, contract and subcontract variations
- Measurement and valuation of pre-fabricated and in-situ Mechanical pipe work installations
- Negotiation and valuation of sub-contract final accounts and post-contract works and resolution of final account with client
- Being able to interpret and advise mechanical services risk at tender stage
- Producing basic programmes to include in client bids
- Providing estimated costs of proposed projects and ensuring that all bids submitted are technically correct
- Planning workload and delivering to deadlines
Experience and Qualifications
Relevant Engineering degree or HNC, preferably Mechanical or Mechanical Building Services
Experience in an Estimating role, pricing work and bid writing
Good time-management and organisational skills
Proven report writing capabilities
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.