£35000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8908
5 months ago
Our client is an established contractor that works across several industry sectors in the UK. Due to a recent office expansion and increase in workload in their Highways division they are currently recruiting Highways Structures Engineers for their office in Birmingham; roles vary from Assistant Engineer up to Principal Engineer. The projects will include maintenance / improvements and renewals of Highways structures.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Prepare technical designs / drawings.
- Asset management,
- Detailed design and preparation of tender documents.
- Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company’s systems and procedures, including those relating to SHEQ, Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
Candidate Skills and Qualifications;
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Working towards Incorporated or Chartered Status
- Experience within assessment, design and construction of highway structures to UK standards.
- Competent in AutoCAD (desirable) Experience of Euro code standards (desirable)
- Knowledge of, and experience in, inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway structures to UK standards.
- Previous work with Highways England ( desirable )
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.