+44 (0)151 666 8968
7 months ago
Based in Greater Manchester
Hours are 8.00am – 4.45pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am – 1.30pm on Friday
A multinational Pharmaceutical company is looking to appoint a QC Coordinator / QC Planner to their team in Greater Manchester.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning the throughput in the 3 Quality Control laboratories to ensure the most effective use of resources. This will be done by effective planning to ensure all stability programme commitments and satisfied whilst supporting OTIF with finished product and raw material timely release. Additionally to plan in GMP/HSE/Calibration commitments.
The job holder is the primary person responsible for the planning of the work in the QC laboratories.
Ability to work on several concurrent tasks and make timely decisions is essential.
- Interpret the business plan requirements and develop detailed plans for the Raw Materials, Stability and Finish Product laboratories.
- Derive a current week +3weeks fixed finite scheduled plan in line with capacity in SAP and stability tracker
- Develop and maintain an accurate capacity planning model for the 3 laboratories.
- Report performance versus plan and other appropriate metrics as required.
- Ensure calibration, maintenance and qualification is appropriately scheduled and carried out.
- Implement and manage a system to ensure that reference standards, reagents, Purified Water and equipment are available at the required time to support analysis.
- Preparing schedule adherence
- Attend the daily and weekly planning and schedule adherence meetings
- Schedule and control sampling to ensure effective use of resources and availability of samples.
- Control the reduced sampling and reduced testing programmes to ensure compliance with the requirements of EU Guide Chapter 6 and Annex 8.
- Support personnel development by the appropriate scheduling of time for training / learning.
- Provide time allocation within the plan for essential indirect work such as result checking and trending.
- Plan and manage the use of contract laboratory services to support the business.
- Capture weekly plan adherence KPI, review info and agree improvement action plans.
- Educated to degree level in a science-based subject or demonstrable equivalent experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, to include in a QC or laboratory planning role.
- Good report writing, statistical evaluation and effective meeting skills.
- Good computer skills, and must be able to produce structured technically detailed documents using Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.