£35000 - £40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8976
4 months ago
Job Summary: Engaged in the management, supervision and production of principal and general inspections of highway structures in Area 4. Identifies structures asset defects/ needs and passes these to the Structures Asset Development Team.
• From the agreed programme, manage the planning, implementation and reporting of General and principal inspections, coordinating Subcontractors, assisting and mentoring the inspection team as and when required
• Assist the Structures Steward in managing Highways England’s risk requirements for the asset, such as load management, scour etc
• Assist the Structures Steward in ensuring the highways structures stock is maintained in SMIS, including archive info and review of all scheme as-built information to ensure SMIS is maintained in an appropriate manner
• Identifying highway structure renewal needs and entering these onto the business asset need management system such that they feed into the structures asset development teams forward programme of renewal activities
• Assist the Structures Steward in delivering information to third parties wishing to interface with highway structures, such as statutory undertakers and consultants, providing advice and information as required
Qualifications & Experience needed:
- Academic qualifications/level of education
- HND/HNC level in engineering or equivalent.
- Specific Skills Good IT literacy in MS Office or equivalent
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Sector Scheme 31 Senior Inspector accreditation
- Able to work at height
- Understanding of highway structures
- Understanding of all aspects of highway structures including design, assessment, construction and inspection.
- Good knowledge of SMIS
- Knowledge of bridge inspection to Highways England standards
- Strong awareness of Health and Safety legislation
- Good team player able to build strong relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude to learning and delivering outcomes
- Able to use own initiative identify & solve problems
- Possess a flexible approach to working hours including working at night
- Ability to identify & solve problems
- Experience of inspection of highway structures to HE standards
- Experience of structural maintenance in a MAC / ASC/LA environment
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.