£40000 per annum, Benefits: On offer is an excellent package including £40k salary, enhanced holiday and pension scheme, health care and life insurance.
+44 (0)151 666 8922
about 1 month ago
The clients are an expert multi-discipline organisation with International coverage, specialising in the most complex Nuclear projects, delivering the highest standards of professionalism and safety to their clients.
Main objectives of the Mechanical Engineer will be to be responsible for and deliver on technical project studies and bids. You will integrate operational engineering multi-discipline teams, delivering projects at various phases, from FEED to commissioning.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Design of mechanical processes, from strategic and conceptual phases to detailed design and construction & commissioning phase support.
- Typical deliverables will be issued: technical note, substantiation notes, mechanical flow diagrams and flow-sheets, mechanical drawings, P&IDs, and mechanical layout drawings, hazards and malfunctions management, technical specification documentation review from supply chain.
- Deliver on technical studies and assist with bids.
- Technical studies related to mechanical handling for both handling operations and heavy mechanical transfer systems, powder mechanical processes (transport, milling, and compaction) in high active environment and gloveboxes, compaction and mechanical dismantling technologies.
The Mechanical Engineer will have:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant degree.
- Member of relevant professional body.
- Demonstrable experience of engineering design (development, FEED, detailed design, technical specification, documentation review from supply chain) in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors.
- Demonstrable experience of mechanical studies delivery (Mechanical handling, powder technologies) considering manufacture, testing, construction commissioning, operation, maintenance recovery and decommissioning aspects.
- Demonstrable experience of contractor follow-up in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors.
- Recognised Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Experience of delivering projects for Nuclear Projects.
On offer is an excellent package including £40k salary, enhanced holiday and pension scheme, health care and life insurance.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.