£35000 per annum, Benefits: 30 days holiday and enhanced pension scheme and life assurance.
+44 (0)151 666 8922
4 months ago
The Contract Services Buyer will support the business in providing a safe, economic, effective and compliant buying and tendering service, to its clients within a high hazard environment.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have experience in the procurement of construction materials/services/contracts and have a background within construction whether that be on site or office based. You will also have experience in dealing direct with contractors. You will be expected to have 3-5 years’ purchasing experience and be looking to progress your career. Studying or working towards CIPS would be an advantage
The Contract Services Buyer will be highly organised, self motivated, results orientated as well as being familiar with statutory, legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Supporting the Quantity Surveyor assisting when required in “Pre-Start” and “Project Review”.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best contractor to meet the supply requirement.
- Management of contractors.
- Identifying potential suppliers of goods and services to be included in specific procurement tenders.
- Auditing existing suppliers as part of a team.
- Preparing and manage contracts.
- Raising purchase orders, and progress chase where necessary for the delivery of goods and/or services.
- Maintaining records relating to supplier performance.
- Resolving any quality issues within the supply base effectively.
- Providing information or approvals for the approval of invoices.
- Maintaining and keep up to date contract files/databases.
- Assisting in the scoping of tender documents and administering the tendering process.
- Contributing to the evaluation of bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors/criteria.
The Contract Services Buyer will have:
- Experience of Buying within Technical regulated environment.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety fundamentals
- Experience of procurement of Construction materials
- A progressive attitude
- Experience of electronic procurement systems
- Able to demonstrate auditing techniques
- Effective IT skills, particularly MS Office, Word & Excel
Although the role is based at their facility, some travel and overnight stays may be required.
On offer is a salary of £35k per annum, 30 days holiday and enhanced pension scheme and life assurance.
To apply and find out further information please apply.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.