£45000 per annum, Benefits: On offer is an excellent package including competitive salary, 25 days holiday and award winning pension scheme, dental and heal
+44 (0)151 666 8922
23 days ago
The client has over 130 years heritage specialists consultancy within infrastructure development services primarily for maritime engineering projects including container terminals, bulk and cargo terminals, shipyards and naval bases, linkspans, passenger walkways, lock and dock gates, swing and lift bridges and similar moving structures.
Main objectives of the Senior Electrical Engineer will be to deliver on all phases of design projects for their Maritime clients, from feasibility studies, through to design concepts and further project development. Specifically you will be involved in projects surrounding outdoor lighting Projects.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Carrying out electrical designs and lighting designs at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages of the development of infrastructural projects.
- Completing design tasks which include the production of drawings, calculations, and selection of equipment, specifications, reports and cost estimates associated with electrical and lighting equipment.
- Carrying out electrical surveys and inspections and lighting surveys, lighting inspections, light level measurements and energy studies.
- Undertake light impact assessments and associated reporting.
- Planning, co-ordinate, manage, organise and execute work packages and deliverables to meet the project requirements, programme and cost.
- Carrying out site supervision and act as the client representative.
- Being aware of client needs and focus on client satisfaction.
- Maintaining ongoing oversight of projects with regards to the production of deliverables to meet the programme deadlines and their financial impact to produce positive results.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will have:
- Experience of outdoor lighting standards.
- Knowledge of codes and practices covering external area lighting and street lighting designs, including power supplies and controls and their interface with electronic security systems.
- Experience in inspection, specification and design of heavy electrical equipment.
- BEng (Hons) or MEng in Electrical Engineering (or similar).
- Membership of Institution of Lighting Professionals and / or Institute of Engineering and Technology (or similar)
- Attainment of, or working towards professional registration with the Engineering Council UK (ECUK) at Chartered level (CEng).
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Ports, Maritime, Design Consultancy, Construction or Petrochemical
- Knowledge and practical experience of: Electrical design and applications, Lighting design and applications, Lighting surveys and reporting, LV electrical installations (primarily BS7671), Current BS and IEC standards, Application of key EU and UK legislation, Experience of AutoCAD
- Knowledge and practical experience of one of the following design tools: Calculux, DIAlux, RELUX, AMTECH
On offer is an excellent package including competitive salary, 25 days holiday and award winning pension scheme, dental and health care, life insurance, flexible working policy and company bonus scheme.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.