£30000 - £32000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
24 days ago
HSE Lead / Advisor
£30,000 - £32,000 (DOE)
A leading global FMCG manufacturer with a unit in the Glasgow area is currently seeking an HSE lead to join the team. Reporting to the Operations Manager with a dotted line to the group function, the HSE Lead will be responsible for driving the HSE agenda onsite using their influencing skills to engage and work closely with key stakeholders.
The successful HSE Lead will ideally be NEBOSH certificate qualified with at least 2 years experience in an HSE advisory role. Ideally you will have worked in an FMCG / manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities of the HSE Lead / Advisor include:
- Primary lead & coordinator for Health & Safety & Environmental activities
- Advises management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice, and prevailing group standards
- Works in conjunction with key stakeholders to drive the Safety agenda
- Drives culture change / reinforcement of good safety cultures, creating the forums and opportunities to involve and communicate with colleagues
- Creates/develops standards/performance frameworks for performance assessment and benchmarking (e.g. ISO 180001/ISO14001/ISO50001)
- Coordinates the generation and routine maintenance/review of risk assessment and safe systems of work processes
- Coordinate accident investigation processes, recording and reporting industrial injuries as required
- Designates and carries out routine Site Health & Safety/Environmental audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements
- Review, update and maintain Site Health & Safety/Environmental Policy & procedures manuals
Application via CV.
We regret due to high levels of interest that we cannot provide individual feedback. If you have not heard within 5 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.