£27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: pension, healthcare, death in service
+44 (0)151 666 8943
2 months ago
Includes generous overtime rates, fully expensed Company vehicle, phone, laptop, fuel card, expenses and meal allowance.
37.5 hours per week, full time, permanent
Sheffield, Doncaster, Leeds, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Hull, Scunthorpe, York, East Yorkshire, South Yorkshire
A leading lab services and products provider is currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join their Field Service Engineering team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for maintenance and validation of the company’s range of controlled environment and stability storage equipment installed on both Company and Client sites.
As this is a field based role, you will ideally live around the South Yorkshire or East Yorkshire areas and cover a region around the M1 from Nottingham up to Yorkshire. It may also involve working around the UK and Ireland as and when required.
Key responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
• Carry out maintenance and validation of the company range of controlled environment and stability storage equipment on client sites or installed on customer sites in accordance with the Company PMI and Validation Procedures.
• Ensure that the installed equipment is operating within the defined limits and that all Planned Maintenance is completed in accordance with the schedules issued.
• Ensure that all Emergency Service / Validation work is completed in a timely manner maintaining the safe operation of the installed equipment.
• Complete all service reporting documentation (both verbal and written) to ensure both the client and management are informed of the equipment status and any further actions which may be required (including any replacement parts used / required)
• Complete all works in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy ensuring the safety of themselves and others in addition to highlighting any concerns which may not be covered by the documented system.
• Ensure that all appropriate tools and equipment are maintained in a usable and safe condition in accordance with Company policy and statutory legislation.
• Work in accordance with the Company Risk Assessments and Standard operating procedures (Method statements) and highlight any concerns which may not be covered
• Adopt and develop a flexible working approach in order to ensure that all activities are completed in an efficient / timely manner.
You will have experience in a field based engineering role and hold a full UK driving licence as well as recognised industry electrical qualifications including fault finding and corrective action both on Electrical & Mechanical systems. Refrigeration experience would be advantageous but not essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.