+44 (0)151 666 8947
5 months ago
NorthWest – Ellesmere Port, Birkenhead, Runcorn, Chester, Wirral, Merseyside.
An FMCG Manufacturing organisation based in Merseyside is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis. This position will report directly in the General Manager and the main purpose of the role is to oversee the purchasing operation and support the purchasing team. You will also be expected to drive processes with a view to drive cost savings while ensuring all raw materials and suppliers meet BRC standards.
Key Accountabilities for Senior Buyer –
- Manage and support the purchasing team, ensuring continued and timely supply of raw materials to production.
- Ensure suppliers and raw materials meet BRC standards. In particular, ensuring all raw materials are sourced through approved suppliers.
- Managing supplier non-conformance's.
- Assessing potentials risks of all raw materials brought on to site in terms of safety, authenticity, legality & quality.
- Supporting the Quality Department with ongoing maintenance of Food Fraud Vulnerability Risk Assessments.
- Driving the EPD process, with a view to consolidating volumes of raw materials where possible
- Devising action plans for categories of raw materials with a view to minimizing risk.
- To manage and develop long term relationships with key suppliers.
- Ensure good and consistent quality and prices.
- To support NPD process.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.