£75000 - £90000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8979
6 months ago
Ref. – 073630
Based – London
Salary – £75,000 - £90,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits.
As part of a continued period of growth, my client is seeking to make a strategic appoint for a Senior MEP Cost Manager, who will lead the MEP Quantity Surveying department within their QS Property team in London.
You will head up a team who are working on a large number of residential and commercial office new build, fit out and refurbishment schemes in London & the South East, along with a number of complex mixed use projects with some of these sector’s leading developers.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director and London South East Board Member, you will provide leadership, guidance, care and mentoring of staff within the MEP function. You will also be responsible for Business Development, Bid Management and future growth plans.
• Full MEP quantity surveying and cost management duties
• Provision of pre contract feasibility and viability advice
• To provide high quality MEP cost advice to the QS Property team
on complex projects across a range of sectors feeding in to
traditional property building projects and also MEP specific
projects such as data centres, mission critical & plant replacement schemes.
• BSc in Quantity Surveying, ideally Chartered (MRICS/CIBSE or equivalent) or ‘learnt by experience’
• In-depth knowledge and experience of Mechanical and Electrical systems across a variety of sectors including residential, commercial office, hospitality & education.
• Data centre experience an advantage but not essential
• Demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of pre and post contract MEP cost management services
• Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical component parts of a project and overall construction costs
• Ability to advise clients on key MEP cost drivers, project costs, value engineering & benchmarking
• Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
• Effective and efficient knowledge of a range of project procurement options
• Ability to lead a team of MEP QS.
• Experienced in client, consultant & contractor facing roles
• Ability to secure repeat & new business with clients.
In this full time position you will primarily be based in London with occasional flexibility sought for UK travel to company / client offices.
Working for this highly revered organisation, you will be offered multiple pathways for significant professional development along with extensive opportunities for career progression.
For further information email andrew.c.a4ljbmnqplu@Scantec.aptrack.co.uk or call 0151 666 8979.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.