£18000 - £19000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8960
12 months ago
Purpose: To receive, sort, screen and prepare freight for secure and timely delivery to customer
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
A permanent opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Operative with a globally recognised logistics company who specialise in the transportation of hazardous and sensitive goods.
This company is renowned for their commitment to staff and have a history of investing in your development, so although the role will require for you to have gained previous experience in a similar role (as specified below), additional training will follow in time (Fork Lift training/NXCT).
Previous experience required:
- COS (former Level E) Aviation Security & NXCT trained with previous experience of working in security screening in particular x ray screening of mail/cargo
- Level 2 PAS 97:2015 standard trained ( a specification for mail screening & security)
- Dangerous Goods Awareness (categories, labelling, segregation)
- Warehouse experience including high value/high consequence goods in/goods out operation
- Manage deliveries to unit, receive goods in, check freight against booking in criteria & Level 2 PAS97:2015 specifications, check and sign paperwork, PODs etc., scan barcode, log deliveries manually and on WMS (carrier, consignment details, end recipient/building).
- Unload vehicles using fork truck
- Report discrepancies and unscheduled freight, as appropriate, to manager for escalation to customer
- Ensure goods received are loaded in the appropriate area and barcode scanned to await screening
- Sort and prepare cargo/mail for screening and load items on to conveyor belts of X- ray machines
- Receive returns, label and store ready for collection by carrier and on collection ensure carrier signs for receipt of returns
- Accept and process urgent deliveries according to OSSC acceptance procedure.
- Sort post removing items not to be screened
- Screen cargo and mail on X-ray monitors adhering to Aviation Security regulations
- Complete 6x6 ongoing NXCT training in line with CAA requirements
- Barcode scan clean freight leaving X-ray machine, sort into stillages/cages/pallets to cross docking area and prepare manifests.
- Load on to vehicles manually or using fork lift truck
- Seal vehicle, recording seal number and check driver paperwork is completed correctly.
- Deliver urgent freight to on site delivery point within KPIs, obtain signature from delivery contact.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures particularly in relation to Security, Health and Safety and Quality for all areas under your direct control
- Keep the warehouse premises clean and tidy e.g. floor cleaning, sweeping racking and stored freight
- Ad hoc duties may include occasional driving
- Input of data on warehouse management system/preparation of manifests
- Answering telephones/redirecting calls/taking messages
- General warehousing duties including scanning, picking, packing, reworking and palletising goods
- Ensure appropriate stock of necessary packaging materials, pallets, stillages/cages
- Regular warehouse checks/stock takes
- At all times actively support company values, business aims, objectives, policies and procedures including
- Proactively adapt to change in line with customer and operational requirements
- Undertake any other duties as may be required by Senior Management commensurate with the responsibilities of the job or the requirements of the business
Rotating 9½ hour shifts to cover Scanning Facility opening hours of 5am to 7pm Mon to Fri, half hour for lunch unpaid – 45 hour week
Must have flexibility to work to three shift patterns:
0600-1530 (most likely pattern)
0730-1700 (occasional requirement)
0930-1900 (normal shift pattern)
Please note, all candidates must be eligible to obain security clearance
Please contact Tamsin Doran directly at Scantec on 01516668960 for further details.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.