£21000 - £25000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8956
28 days ago
22:00 - 06:30 Mon - Fri
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + statuary leave, life assurance, contributory pension, share incentives, electronics and car discounts, eye care, free parking, role progression and extensive training opportunities.
Following over a decade of research, driven by the collaboration of a global R&D team; our Global Biotech client has developed a cutting edge technology which will allow them to further cement their place as a key player in their industry and drive future growth.
Due to the development of this new technology, they are opening a new state of the art Laboratory complex at their existing site in North Wales, The new facility requires the recruitment of a team of 14 to run the day to day operations and Scantec are proud to be partnering with this organisation on a exclusive basis to support this project.
The role will be responsible for operating new and proprietary cell processing technology, performing analysis, sample preparation, processing, packaging and quality control within a fast paced laboratory.
- Set up, operate, and monitor semi-automated systems for biotechnology production.
- Operate, care for, and maintain standard lab equipment such as microscope, pH meter, pipettes, centrifuge etc…
- Operate, care for, and maintain unique, industry specific lab equipment.
- Accurately produce proprietary media for production.
- Reporting potential problems and consulting with supervisor/lab manager and/or support groups.
- Work collaboratively to effectively troubleshoot equipment and process issues.
- The ownership of effective production performance of the product within your role, and production team.
- Assure accurate and objective sample processing, including analysis.
- Maintain correct identification of samples, collection records and database entries.
- Clean dishes and operate autoclave.
- Promote and maintain clean, organized work areas.
- Comply with company safety requirements, SOP and manufacturing documentation.
- Ensuring overall productivity meets specific production targets.
- Consistently seek out more efficient and productive ways to handle tasks within the labs.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Competent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualification in a related science field.
Previous experience in a laboratory or production setting.
To apply, please forward your CV for immediate consideration. Successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours of their application to discuss next steps.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.