+44 (0)151 666 8918
5 months ago
Scantec are currently looking for a Senior Design Engineer - Mechanical Handling / Cranes / lifting equipment for an opportunity working in the technical design authority with one of our most prestigious clients.
Provide designs for the Facility Design Authority (FDA) such as utilities, infrastructure, engineering processes, equipment and facilities are compliant with legislation, standards and requirements associated with engineering design throughout the facility lifecycle.
• Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering.
• Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
• Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
• Maintaining own competence to ensure industry best practice is applied.
• Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
• Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
• Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
• Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
• Review and check Design Engineers work.
• Monitor and assess competence of Design Engineers in relevant discipline area
• Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
• ONC/OND or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
• Extensive knowledge of legislation and standards applicable to engineering design, such as BS 2573 and EN13001.
• Working within multi-discipline groups producing designs across the life of an asset.
• Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
• Able to work on a nuclear licensed site and explosives areas.
• Accredited Honours degree from a recognised university.
• Professional membership of an engineering institution at IEng level.
• Extensive knowledge of legislation and standards associated with nuclear and high hazard facilities.
• Extensive experience of working in a highly regulated environment (preferably nuclear and/or explosives).
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role. **
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.