£23000 - £27000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, plus 8 public holidays, matched contribution pension scheme up to 6%, matched contribution medical cover
+44 (0)151 666 8979
8 months ago
Ref. – 079734
Based – Southampton
Salary – £25,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits.
Benefits – 25 days holiday, plus 8 public holidays, matched contribution pension scheme up to 6%, matched contribution medical cover.
A leading international industrial services company is seeking to appoint an Assistant/ Junior Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis as part of a continued growth strategy in their site team in Southampton.
Cost Control & Reporting
- Monthly cost reporting to gross margin for all contracts within remit
- collation of monthly WIP & Stock figures
- Investigation of any fluctuation within the report, liaising with relevant personnel to assist & resolve discrepancies at all levels.
- Control of Owned Assets
- Site Record Keeping
- Cost control measures
- Contractual understanding
- Outstanding payments
- Conformity with internal processes
- Assisting and advising site(s) with placement of sub contracts
- Assisting where required in the valuation of sub contracts
- Providing advice on Group intercompany trading.
- Commercial Risk Management
- Review and understand contract documents from tender stage to completion and close out.
- Attend pre-contract/tender negotiations as & when requested
- Review contract documents post tender/pre-contract
- Review bonds, guarantees and insurances where applicable advise/assist in the preparation of these documents
- Assist other departments e.g. accounts with debt collection
- Preparing contractual / formal letters as requested
- Problem solve poorly performing contracts & Facilitate payment of problem invoices
- Transfer management of costs and sales
- Commercial Awareness
- Forms of contract
- Bespoke training sessions provided upon request
- IFS General Ledger
- Sub Contract Procedures
- Degree qualified or equivalent QS qualification.
- Experience of working within an Industrial Services organisation or similar industry.
- Working knowledge of contracts / commercial processes and documentation
- Proficiency with MS Excel is essential.
- Good Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Flexible/Adaptable approach
- Good Team Worker
- Organisational Skills
In this full time position you will primarily be based near Southampton with occasional flexibility sought for UK travel to company / client offices.
Working in this role, you will be offered multiple pathways for significant professional development along with extensive opportunities for career progression.
For further information email andrew.c.a4ljbmnqmlr@Scantec.aptrack.co.uk or call 0151 666 8979.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.