£18 - £23 per hour, Benefits: Lodge Allowance for people who don't live locally.
+44 (0)151 666 8994
12 months ago
4 weeks initially.
Title – Mechanical Estimator
Salary – £18 - £23 per hour (depending on experience and qualifications)
Duration – 3-4weeks, may be longer
Working hours – 38 with expectation of overtime
- Analyse drawings and specifications.
- Producing estimates from isometric, sketch or P&ID drawings of piping systems.
- Producing general mechanical fabrication and installation estimates for pipe, steelwork, tankage & vessels.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Assemble accurate and well-organised estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
- Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Organize sub-contractor’s quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
- Complete Budgeting and Scheduling for projects and track same. Monitor progress, requisition change orders and identify any potential risks.
- Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
- Insure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project.
- Work with and deal with concerns of field personnel.
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing.
- Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress.
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
Should this position be of interest, please apply direct and I will come back to you in due course.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.