£30 - £35 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8976
8 months ago
Our client are a multinational company specialising in designing roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities.
- Manage the geotechnical engineering element of maintenance and improvement schemes, which may include:
- Plan and undertake site inspections, field based asset condition data collection and analysis
- Lead to planning and undertaking inspections and ground investigations
- Lead the development of technical solutions at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages.
- Prepare technical design calculations, drawings, reports, tender documents, specifications, designer’s risk assessments and other CDM documentation and other documents.
- Competently use specialist design and drawing software.
- Manage inspection/supervision activities
- Manage the team to ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with client requirements.
- Manage the delivery of technical outputs which may include (but are not limited to); ground investigation, site inspections, field data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision.
- Act as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team
- Be accountable for checking, and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, reports by design teams and 3rd parties and authorising where appropriate.
- Champion Value Management to support Project Managers in decision making
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers, other asset owners and the clients asset managers and develop strong working relationships.
- Take responsibility for technical excellence and innovation across the project team.
- Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
- Work jointly with Project Managers to manage the resources within the team to optimize the resource and demand balance.
- Deliver improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects and lead task groups where appropriate to develop, communicate and implement SHEQ improvements.
- Develop technical and financial briefs and proposals for new schemes.
- Communicate, deliver and implement improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects.
- Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with company’s management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- A chartered / incorporated member (or equivalent) of a relevant professional institution (ICE / Geological Society / IoM3).
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant civil engineering or geological discipline with demonstrable experience.
- Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway geotechnics.
- Familiar with EuroCodes and the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Leading and managing technical and project teams within a business environment.
- Able to take full technical responsibility for team outputs.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to work without supervision essential, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
- Full driving licence, valid in the UK
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.