£18000 - £20000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8948
11 months ago
£18,000 - £20,000
9 month Fixed Term Contract
Scantec have an excellent opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join a Pharmaceutical company based in Oxfordshire. In this role you will provide a quality and timely sample supply service by storing, retrieving, weighing, solubilising, dispensing, despatching and delivering samples in appropriate formats with the relevant information as required.
Duties for this role include:
- Operate Sample Management information systems, to include sample registrations, sample requesting, order processing, despatching and provisioning of sample information for all requests.
- Work with the team to deliver quality and timely weighing, solubilisation and assay ready plates, in accordance with service level agreements.
- Accurately weigh requested samples according to priority and handling codes, ensuring balances are calibrated, minimum stock is dispensed, and the necessary packaging and documentation are provided for recipients.
- Operate liquid handling automation to create high quality liquid samples, ensuring quality assurance (QA) protocols are carried out at specified intervals and any deviations are rectified or escalated for immediate investigation.
- Operate manual solid stores and automated liquid stores for sample storage and retrieval. Complete automation fault finding, fixing or escalation for immediate investigation.
- Operate high and low volume automated liquid processing platforms to deliver high quality assay ready plates to recipients ensuring QA protocols are carried out at specified intervals and any deviations are rectified or escalated for immediate investigation.
- Complete on-site sample collection and delivery, and prepare the necessary documentation for external sample despatches; ensure shipments meet all service level agreements.
In order to be considered for this role candidates must have:
- Experience in the use of balances, fume hoods, and basic chemical handling procedures.
- Experience in the use of automated liquid handling equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.