£33000 - £46000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
7 months ago
Our Client is a specialist Highways Engineering provider, they maintain, design and construct motorways and trunk roads. Due to an increase in workload they have exciting opportunities for Highways Engineers on a permanent basis to be based in their Kent office.
As a Highways Engineer you will be part of the Highways design team
Core Job Summary:
· Undertake Construction Design Management responsibilities under the role of Designer.
· Support the Roads Design Team leader
· Working as part of the Integrated Delivery Team (IDT) including close liaison with other teams to ensure successful delivery of schemes
· To work within the given briefs, programmes and budgets and to advise the Design Team Leader and IDT if this cannot be achieved.
· Prepare concept designs, Value Management (VM) documents, participate in VM workshops and identify risks.
· Deliver schemes to programme and budget and report on progress on a regular basis and forecast progress and costs including preparation of designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for their schemes.
· Detailed development and design of schemes including drawings, reports and calculations, in accordance with the Highways England's standards including the DMRB, IANs and MCHW.
· Seek innovation in the delivery of schemes and techniques used to design and construct them.
· Consultation with Local Authorities, Police and Stakeholders for the production of traffic regulation orders.
Competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidates.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.