+44 (0)151 666 8948
13 days ago
Salary depends on experience
A multinational chemical company who specialise in Petrochemicals and Personal Care are looking to appoint a Junior Research Chemist to their site in Ellesmere Port on a permanent basis. They are looking for someone with a background in Synthetic Chemistry to join an expanding team.
- Undertaking scientific work, resulting in the development of new products as directed by Platform Leader.
- Carrying out experimental laboratory work as directed and collating and communicating experimental and analytical results.
- Delivering technical input to the overall programme as planned and directed.
- Responsibility for providing monthly updates as requested by Platform Leader.
- Developing an awareness of product developments in project areas, as specified by Platform Leader / GBT.
- Building an awareness of available/developing research tools in specific project areas.
To be considered for this role applicants must the following:
- Minimum qualified to Degree level in Chemistry with skills in applications and synthetic chemistry.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in industry ideally within a research environment.
- Good practical chemistry skills are essential and experience of working in an industrial laboratory environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good communication skills, oral, written and presentational.
- Demonstrate the ability to be creative and develop skills to put ideas into practice
- Evidence of wider scientific interest.
- A good understanding of modern computer software.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.