£26000 - £29000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8950
14 days ago
to work for a 12 month period (with the possibility of a contract extension). The QA/Lab Supervisor will be reporting directly into the Technical Manager.
The successful QA/Lab Supervisor will be supervising the lab/quality department including a team of around 10, therefore supervisory experience within a laboratory is essential. You must have previous food manufacturing experience. Any major retailer experience will be essential, particularly experience with Sainsbury’s.
Experience of maintaining Quality systems based on HACCP principles to BRC standards will be essential as well as having an understanding of Allergen management and experienced in carrying out internal audits. Experience of SAP would be highly desirable.
Responsibilities will include –
• Manage, control and motivate the quality/laboratory team to achieve department objectives.
• Ensure that raw material, intermediate and finished product specifications are available for use in their respective manufacturing areas and that inspection status procedures are adhered to.
• Ensure that the SAP system is updated as required
• Collate information with respect to non-conforming product and raw materials. Provide data and trend information on site processes to allow for improvements to be made.
• Ensure consumer and consumer complaints, relating to both product and environmental issues, are dealt with in a timely manner and communicated to the correct departments.
• Provide a point of contact for quality issues relevant to the manufacturing area both for internal and external parties.
• Participate in the HACCP team meetings
• Lead the Allergen team meetings.
• Strive to improve site procedures to continually reduce quality issues and meet the site KPI targets.
• Lead the team to ensure that feedback on Brix and weights is provided promptly to allow action to be taken to minimise product giveaway.
• Ensure that the team is trained on relevant procedures and retain training and competency records.
Application via CV or call 0151 666 8955
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.