£0 - £68 per hour, Benefits: 9 day fortnight
+44 (0)151 666 8918
8 months ago
Scantec are currently looking for Business Analysts for opportunities with one of our most prestigious clients.
We are seeking the best people in the industry and in return our client can offer very competitive rates and longevity of contract.
The Business Analyst (BA) is a role that bridges the gap between the business and IS. The Business Analyst ensures that the needs of the business are paramount and during the analysis of business problems, the total solution is considered. This solution may, and often should, include information systems (IS) but of equal importance are the other elements - the business processes, the information and the jobs / people who do the work (the organisation). It is a key role that supports IS, and specifically the BRMs, in moving the IS organisation from a commodity / order taker to a Strategic Business Partner.
• Ensuring the business requirements are defined and addressed.
• Identifying and evaluating relevant solutions to business problems.
• Work with the BRMs to assure the realisation of business benefits.
• Maintain good knowledge of IS Governance and IS processes; specifically the front end and delivery processes
• Maintain good overall understanding of the Business and Business Strategy and if appropriate specific areas of the business
• All - maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
• Develop Request Brief documentation that clearly defines the business issue, need for change, and recommended approaches, for presentation to IS Governance Boards (including Front End Governance Board (FEGB), Delivery Governance Board (DGB)).
• Provide scoping services to help clarify business problems, objectives and potential solutions by using appropriate business analysis techniques including: Data Analysis, Process Analysis, Business Case Assessments, and Root Cause Analysis etc.
• Elicit and validate requirements through the effective use of requirements gathering workshops and resolve any complex requirement conflicts through effective stakeholder engagement.
• Work with the BRMs and Delivery Managers to identify stakeholders who are affected by a proposed initiative or who share a common business need.
• Work closely with IS Architects to identify and evaluate potential solutions, and also to validate the recommended solution address the business requirements.
• If appropriate identify and document project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies and undertake impact analysis.
• All - Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.