£28000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8948
21 days ago
6am-3pm and 1pm – 10pm (rotating)
My client is a leading coatings company based in Cheshire that is looking to recruit a Development Chemist into the business on a permanent basis.
This exciting role will play a pivotal part in assisting the development of coating formulations and monitoring the achieved results whilst ensuring that all documentation and samples are accurately recorded.
Typical duties will include:
- Assist with the introduction of new formulations, products and procedures, on the coating and mixing plant.
- Hold a detailed understanding of the systems and operational running of the mixing department and colour kitchen.
- Monitor the chemical stock inventory, storage requirements and the safe storage of chemical products.
- Develop fabric coating formulations and carry out measurement of the physical and mechanical performance of the resulting product
- Ensure all development and testing work documented and recorded accurately
- Responsible for ensuring the correct implementation of recipes and procedures for the production mixing plant
- General laboratory housekeeping duties ensuring all health and safety and company standards are met.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
In order to be considered for this role candidates must have:
- BSc level or above in Chemistry or a related scientific discipline.
- Previous experience working within a laboratory environment with coatings or polymers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Previous experience managing a team in a technical environment is advantageous.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.