£ Highly competitive
+44 (0)151 666 8943
24 days ago
Loughborough, Nottingham, Leicester, Newark, Burton Upon Trent, Corby, Derby, Leicestershire, East Midlands
This role includes a fully expensed company car and a comprehensive benefits package
A leading chilled food manufacturer is currently seeking a Head of Engineering to manage the engineering function both strategically and operationally. Reporting into the Production Director, this role will be responsible for leading a large engineering function and running multiple projects.
• Manage, prepare and plan the maintenance budget to deliver the agreed levels of plant performance cost effectively to mitigate inflation of materials and labour costs
• Plan, control, train and develop labour and manage external labour as appropriate to achieve the required standards of performance, flexibility and safety
• Plan, organise and implement preventative maintenance to achieve target plant availabilities through agreed KPIs
• Review the efficiency of the plant, set PIP standards and measure performance to ensure continuous improvement, in addition instil a culture of continuous improvement throughout the engineering team
• Organise and monitor compliance with statutory and site specific Health and Safety and Food Safety requirements by ensuring all procedures are maintained and ensure all hazards are immediately actioned
• Plan and control maintenance of utilities to ensure agreed availability within budgeted costs and develop and implement plans to make efficiency improvements
• Organise and implement capital projects from feasibility to successful commissioning liaising with all internal and external parties and utilising an effective project management framework in order to achieve projects to agreed timescales and costs
You will be a Head of Engineering / Chief Engineer used to working within a fast paced food manufacturing environment. Ideally you will have experience of managing and implementing key projects, had involvement and lead continuous improvement techniques and demonstrated effective management and control of significant budgets. Chilled food experience is highly desirable.
Fore more information please contact Paul Bradley on 0151 666 8943
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.