0151 666 8981
10 months ago
Due to expansion, a new opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer HV to join a growing team within the clients Transmission & Distribution division.
The client is a design and engineering specialist that delivers a range of complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle.
The client delivers projects in disciplines ranging from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, Mechanical & Electrical, programme management, temporary works and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient design.
The successful Electrical Engineer will be reporting to the Associate Electrical Engineer – HV Cables and will be responsible ensuring the quality and consistency of the teams output in the production and control of drawings and technical documents and will also work with the Sector Director - Power to assist during the bid process in order to secure further work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivering project cable system design requirements
- Preparation, checking and/or approval of feasibility studies, outline and detailed design technical reports and other written documents
- Designing, checking and approving detail allocation and construction design drawings
- Producing and approving of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Management of teams of engineers and external suppliers
- Delivering work to programme, budget and specification
- Taking part in Design & HAZID (hazards in design) reviews as appropriate
- Adhering to and control of documents and drawings in accordance with Baker Hicks management procedures
- Designing input/output within the designated risk management process
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Chartered Engineer or working toward
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.