+44 (0)151 666 8929
6 months ago
AUDITOR - CERTIFICATION - TESTING - ATEX - IECEx - ELECTRICAL - MANUFACTURING - ENGINEERING - ISO 9001
A full-time position reporting to the Audits Team Manager in Hawarden, the jobholder should be qualified to audit Quality Management Systems to ISO/IEC 80079-34. In addition, the job holder will assist the Audits team, typically 2 days per week in the Hawarden office, reviewing technical audit reports and contributing to the continual improvement and development of business.
RESPONSIBILITY:• working as part of the certification team to deliver excellent service to all customers
• operation of defined certification and inspection activities as defined in the Quality Manual
• carry out assessment/surveillance activities in accordance with the procedures defined in the relevant Auditor's Manual
• review technical audit reports
• report findings and make a recommendation on whether certification should be granted/maintained
• assisting in maintaining UKAS accreditation
• continual improvement of certification processes
EDUCATION:• qualified (IRCA registered or equivalent) to carry out all or some of the following audits: ISO 9001/ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001
• Experience of ATEX and IECEx Certification schemes preferred
• HNC/HND/Degree qualified in a manufacturing/engineering discipline
EXPERIENCE:• a minimum of five years' direct work experience in, or providing consultancy to, the relevant technical area sectors, including ATEX or IECEx Certification Schemes and experience in some or all of the following standards would be preferred: ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Ideally experience of working in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
SKILLS:• knowledge of certification processes and of ISO 17021 and/or ISO 17025
• experience of integrated management systems certified to ISO 9001
• experience and understanding of ISO/IEC 80079-34
• excellent written and verbal communication skills, relationship building and organisational skills
• pragmatic and credible with a high standard of personal and professional presentation
• an ability to assist other business areas in fields such as conducting audits, reviewing audit reports and evaluating the competence of auditors
• a comprehensive understanding of effective management systems and their role in reducing risk and providing assurance to organisations and their stakeholders
• ability to apply technical judgements where necessary
TRAVEL:There will be a need to travel and work at other Group premises or at a customer’s premises in the UK or overseas.
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.