+44 (0)151 666 8952
6 months ago
Job title: Senior Engineer – Electrical Building Services - Manchester
The successful Electrical Building Services Engineer will join a busy Manchester office and be expected to provide Electrical Engineering design input and leadership to a global Design and Consultancy on Public Health projects and provide input to work winning.
The company specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle. Its disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Lead the delivery of Electrical services scope of work across multiple projects, as part of a single or multi discipline design team.
- Carry out any or all stages of Electrical design from concept to completion as required by the project.
- Lead the preparation of enquires for potential major projects, including generation of man-hours estimates.
- Lead a multi disciplinary design team where required.
- Report on project technical and financial performance to Director.
- Actively contribute to the development of the department.
- Assure the quality of design by junior team members
- Assist in the mentoring and development of more junior engineers.
- To be recognised for exceptional delivery with our clients
Qualifications and training
- Degree qualified in either Electrical Engineering or Building Services or related.
- A professional registration (CEng/IEng) is preferred.
- A comprehensive, current knowledge base of all Electrical building and infrastructure services.
- Technical knowledge of Electrical building services in multiple sectors.
- Proven and demonstrable track record of exceptional project delivery and client satisfaction in both technical and commercial aspects.
- Experience of major projects within a variety of business sectors preferably Healthcare, Pharmaceutical.
- Fully familiar with assurance processes, codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to liaise and co-ordinate with clients, Architects and all other members of the Design Team.
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.