£35905 per annum, Benefits: 25 days hol, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, healthcare
+44 (0)151 666 8943
12 months ago
A blue chip FMCG food manufacturer is currently seeking a Multi Skilled Engineer to join their Engineering Team at their site in Bourne. The successful Engineer will use both mechanical and electrical engineering skills / knowledge to maintain and enhance the performance of plant and equipment. Provide first class, flexible support to production requirements and factory services at all times and Identify / develop improvement projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Comply with company SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements.
• Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used.
• Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these.
• Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff.
• Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment.
• Manage contractors and audit their work in the absence of the Factory Support Manager.
• Train, develop and sign off nominated production staff to allow them to carry out first line maintenance to designated plant & equipment. Ensuring that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times.
• To plan, control and implement small projects
Required Skills and Experience:
You will ideally have previous experience working within an FMCG manufacturing environment in a Multi Skilled Engineering role. Food manufacturing experience is preferable but not essential. You will have an understanding and experience of PLC fault finding and diagnosis.
Ideally you will also have experience and knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
You will ideally have completed a time served apprenticeship and hold a nationally recognised electrical qualification and mechanical qualifications (or time served with an appropriate attendance of a multi skilling programme)
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.