Competitive salary + shift allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8956
6 months ago
Shift patterns as follows on a weekly rotating basis:
Mon - Fri Week 1: 06:00 - 14:30
Mon - Fri Week 2: 14:00 - 22:30
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, life assurance, contributory pension, share incentives, electronics and car discounts, eye care, free parking, role progression and extensive training opportunities.
Following over a decade of research, driven by the collaboration of a global R&D team; our Global Biotech client has developed a cutting edge technology which will allow them to further cement their place as a key player in their industry and drive future global growth.
Due to the development of this new technology, they are opening a new state of the art Laboratory complex at their existing site in North Wales, The new facility requires the recruitment of a team of 14 to run the day to day operations and Scantec are proud to be partnering with this organisation on a exclusive basis to support this project.
This key role will supervise a team of three Lab technician’s during a shift. Alongside supervisory responsibilities, the role will include performing analysis, sample preparation, processing, packaging, quality control of end product, KPI analysis and ad hoc Lab duties.
The role will include an all expenses paid training programme in the USA lasting up to 4 weeks. The successful candidate will receive comprehensive training on the new technology as well as developing skills that will enhance key technical capabilities. The training programme will be run within the first 3 months of the role starting and as such applicants should allow up to 4 weeks of International travel within this period.
- Coordinating the day to day duties of a small team of lab technicians as well as liaising with colleagues during shift handover.
- Set up, operate, and monitor semi-automated systems for biotechnology production.
- Operate, care for, and maintain standard lab equipment such as microscope, pH meter, pipettes, centrifuge, etc.
- Operate, care for, and maintain unique industry specific lab equipment.
- Accurately produce proprietary media for production.
- Anticipate potential problems and take preventative action. Requires judgment to know when it is necessary to consult with supervisor/lab manager and/or support groups.
- Work collaboratively to effectively troubleshoot equipment and process issues.
- Take ownership of effective production performance of the product within your role, and team.
- Assure accurate and objective sample processing, including analysis of cell motility and morphology.
- Maintain correct identification of samples, collection records and database entries.
- Clean dishes and operate autoclave.
- Promote and maintain clean, organized work areas.
- Comply with company safety requirements, SOP and manufacturing documentation.
- Ensuring overall productivity meets specific production targets.
- Consistently seek out more efficient and productive ways to handle tasks within the labs
For this role it is essential that candidates have the following:
- Proven experience in a laboratory.
- Experience in overseeing effective quality assurance and control.
- Competent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of people management/ supervisory roles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To apply, please forward your CV for immediate consideration. Successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours of their application to discuss next steps.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.