£39,000 inc shift allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8999
9 months ago
The successful candidate will have previous engineering experience ideally in a manufacturing or packaging environment. You will ideally have experience of working in a lean / CI and proactive engineering environment embracing the 5s principles with a positive, can do attitude.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Comply with company SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements.
- Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used.
- Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these.
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff.
- Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment.
- Manage contractors and audit their work in the absence of the Factory Support Manager.
- Train, develop and sign off nominated production staff to allow them to carry out first line maintenance to designated plant & equipment. Ensuring that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times.
- To plan, control and implement agreed projects
You will have previous experience within a Multi Skilled Engineering role. Food manufacturing experience is preferable but not essential. You will have an understanding of robotics and automation as well as PLC’s and computer controlled equipment.
You will have a nationally recognised electrical qualification (minimum 2 year qualification) and mechanical qualifications and be competent with electrical / electronic fault finding and analysis.
A knowledge of CIP systems, steam boilers and steam systems is a distinct advantage. Knowledge of experience of PLC Programming and robotics is also a distinct advantage.
Rotating shifts: (12 hour days / nights)
Week 1 – (Days) Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6am to 6pm and Monday 6am to 10am
Week 2 – (Nights) Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6pm to 6am
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.