+44 (0)151 666 8952
10 months ago
Due to large growth plans my client, a global testing and certification organisation requires 3 Product Safety Engineers for their facility in Derby.
A Product Safety Engineer is required to work on the compliance testing of explosion safety equipment (Ex Products) to ATEX, IECEx or company requirements. Successful applicants will be customer-focused and have an understanding of manufacturing, process, or compliance with European or international standards.
The level of experience required can vary from University Graduate up to Industry Expert. Experience of working in a compliance or certification field along with a qualification in mechanical engineering is desirable, although any relevant industrial experience will be taken into account.
In addition, good communication, problem solving and project management skills are essential.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Assessment of equipment for certification against published standards (IEC/EN 60079 series for example)
- Provide advice to clients as appropriate
- Specify and in some cases conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
- Estimate costs and specify the requirements for test samples
- Conduct on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients’ premises. This may involve foreign travel
- Prepare reports and certification documents
- Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and in accordance with in-house procedures
- In addition to the responsibilities and duties listed, the successful candidate may be required to undertake further duties assigned by the Management Team from time to time. There will be a requirement to travel to other Group or client’s premises, both in the UK and overseas.
Qualifications/skills and experience:
Suitable candidates shall meet the following criteria:
- A qualification, ideally at Degree level, in mechanical engineering or relevant compliance experience in an industrial manufacturing business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English), administration and interpersonal skills, together with a high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel etc) and attention to detail
- A full UK driving licence
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas for short periods
- Ability to apply technical judgements where necessary
Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate:
- Superior self-motivation and personal efficiency management.
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.