+44 (0)151 666 8950
4 months ago
You will be a development chef used to working in a high speed, food manufacturing environment. You will be creative and innovative and be used to developing products for the major retailer accounts. Experience within a chilled manufacturing environment will be deemed highly beneficial.
Development Chef Key responsibilities:
• Effectively work within the development kitchen in formulating new innovative recipes and improvements of existing recipes
• Initiate and undertake market research to monitor and assess developments within the product range
• Ensure compliance of all relevant Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and Environmental Legislation in the Production Development kitchens and associated locations
• Identify market niches and opportunities to which existing products could be tailored and new products developed
• Liaise closely with the other departments to ensure consistency within the development of new products and improvement of existing products
• Review and evaluate the success of new products and product enhancements
• Undertake effective communication with external, internal customers/contacts, to support product development activities
• Co-ordinate and ensure adherence to the NPD Critical Path Planning Framework.
• Ensure that any new products or product enhancement is feasible, safe and takes account of the capacity available within the production areas
• Be responsible for communicating recipes to Finance within appropriate timescales and responding to any queries
• Submit recipes with full costings on time and in full
• Be responsible for communicating methods for product launches and recipe changes as appropriate
• Arrange and co-ordinate product samples, requirements and deliveries.
• Monitor cost control monthly and justify against annual budget
Application via CV or please call 0151 666 8955
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.